- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actor Mordecai Lawner, who played the father of Woody Allen‘s character in Annie Hall, has died. He was 86.
The actor died peacefully on Nov. 27, his family announced.
Lawner is best known for his role as Alvy’s Singer’s father in the Oscar-winning 1977 comedy Annie Hall. Lawner’s character, who lived beneath the Cyclone rollercoaster on Coney Island, is seen in flashback.
See more Hollywood’s 100 Favorite Films
Lawner also appeared in Ghostbusters II and on an episode of Law & Order. In 1995, he starred alongside George C. Scott in a Broadway production of Death of a Salesman.
His wife, Eugenia Thornton, died in 2005. Survivors include Carol Hershman, Bruce Birnbaum, Francine Falk Ross, Pamela Falk, Deborah Birnbaum, and Sarah and Mitchell Langbert, along with a number of great-nephews and nieces.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day