- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
E’Dena Hines, the step-granddaughter of Morgan Freeman, suffered 15 stab wounds on the morning of her death, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Manhattan District Attorney’s office and obtained by The Hollywood Reporter.
Lamar Davenport, 33, was arraigned Wednesday on one felony count of murder in the second degree.
According to the complaint document, which details the alleged crime, “the witness saw defendant pull a woman into the street and then saw defendant on top of the woman, who was on the ground, and saw defendant repeatedly stabbing the woman in the back and torso.”
The complaint states that an autopsy later revealed 15 stab wounds on Hines’ back and torso.
An earlier report by the New York Post revealed that the 33-year-old was killed in an attempted “exorcism.” The murder occurred at approximately 2:50 a.m. in New York on Sunday, and Hines was pronounced dead shortly after being transferred to Harlem Hospital.
Davenport has since been checked in to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation. He is set to appear back in court on Aug. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day