- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Morgan Freeman‘s 33-year-old step-granddaughter, E’Dena Hines, died Sunday morning in New York City from stab wounds, according to police.
Officers responded to a 911 call and found Hines lying down on West 162nd Street in front of her home at around 3 a.m., an NYPD spokesperson told People in a statement. Hines had been stabbed multiple times in her torso, police say.
Paramedics took Hines to Harlem Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
A 30-year-old man at the scene was taken into custody by police, who took him to Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. Police are continuing to investigate.
In a statement released to The Hollywood Reporter, Freeman said about Hines: “The world will never know her artistry and talent, and how much she had to offer. Her friends and family were fortunate enough to have known what she meant as a person. Her star will continue to shine bright in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. May she rest in peace.”
Hines is the granddaughter of Jeanette Adair Bradshaw, Freeman’s first wife. The actor was married to Bradshaw from 1967 to 1979.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day