- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS (AP) — Dancer Benjamin Millepied, who choreographed the 2010 movie Black Swan and is married to its star, Natalie Portman, says he is resigning as dance director at Paris’ premier ballet company.
He said in a statement released Thursday that he’s leaving for “personal reasons,” though French media have reported on tensions around his efforts to innovate at the storied Opera de Paris since he joined 15 months ago.
Millepied, who has also danced for the New York City Ballet and directed films and music videos, said his role didn’t allow him enough time for “creation and artistic expression.” He said he would continue to work with the company during this season and the next, and potentially in the years to come.
The company’s director is giving a news conference later Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Studios Home Entertainment