- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Nov. 14 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Angelenos looking for a place to crash in Palm Springs have a new option. The 15-room Palm Springs Hotel opens Nov. 10 at 2135 N. Palm Canyon Drive, and its backers have major Tinseltown pedigree.
See more Hollywood’s 100 Favorite Films
Managing partners are husband and wife Tom Adams and Denise Evangelatos Adams (Tom was an actor; Denise worked for Michael Bay, Alex Proyas and at Propaganda Films). Other partners include 20th Century Fox director of creative advertising Alex Kirkwood, hotelier James W.Evangelatos (Denise’s bro) and investors Dr. Dennis Evangelatos (also a sib) and wife Kim Hodgert, a talent agent at CAA.
“It was undesirable to a certain clientele before,” says Denise of the Palm Grove Hotel that they rebuilt. “We stuck to the midcentury look and added an industrial slant.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day