- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Palisades Charter High School was evacuated for two hours on Tuesday after a bomb threat was discovered on social media, authorities said.
A Los Angeles Police Department bomb squad responded and students were temporarily moved to Temescal Park around 9:30 a.m., Jack Richter, LAPD Public Information Officer, told The Hollywood Reporter. The school was determined to be safe by 11:30 a.m. and students returned to the campus.
“There was a threat made on social media.” LAPD Sgt. Albert Gonzales said. Richter said the source of the threat is being investigated.
Temescal Canyon was closed between Pacific Coast Highway and Sunset Boulevard while the bomb squad responded.
A polling place at the school was moved to Palisades Lutheran Church, 15905 Sunset Blvd., according to Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder and County Clerk Dean Logan.
Several movies and television shows have been filmed at Palisades High, including Crazy/Beautiful and episodes of Modern Family.
Soo Youn and David Simpson contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Women in Entertainment 2022
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever