- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A team of aspiring journalists is about to get some exciting news.
Panasonic’s Kid Witness News is set to announce the top winner of its 2014 global video competition. The 2014 KWN Grand Prix recipient will be revealed Oct. 15 at Panasonic’s North America headquarters in Newark, New Jersey.
This year’s honor will go to one team of kids from the U.S., Czech Republic, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Thailand or Panama.
Nearing its 25th anniversary, Kid Witness News is a global education program supported by Panasonic that provides elementary, middle and high school students with video equipment. The program aims to encourage teamwork and creativity.
President Obama, Dan Rather, Walter Cronkite, Tom Brokaw and Diane Sawyer are among the public figures who have praised KWN videos in the past. Previous KWN submissions have featured interviews with Sylvester Stallone, Colin Powell and Barbara Bush.
A video of celebrities offering their support to the program’s participants can be seen above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day