- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Menswear designer John Varvatos is taking full advantage of having the amazing Paul Weller as the star of his fall ad campaign.
The ex-star of The Jam, The Style Council – and now a solo artist – will perform at the tenth anniversary of the designer’s West Hollywood store. The show will take place on Oct. 17 at the store on Melrose and Robertson.
This is a private event, of course, and not too many of the other upcoming fashion events have major rock stars performing at them — let alone a living legend/style icon. Weller has always associated both his music and his style with the London Mod look, and that’s what he’s sporting in his ads for Varvatos. “I totally chose what to wear,” Weller told The Hollywood Reporter back in July. “No one dresses me. I’ve always cared about my look — I think that’s a very English thing within the music world.”
Several Hollywood stars are expected at the event, including Anthony Anderson, Jayson Blair and Keke Palmer, but it will undoubtedly draw plenty more. This is certainly going to be a celebrity magnet of an event and a very hot ticket.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day