- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Police in Florida are investigating an incident at a nightclub where a photographer said he was “sucker punched” by singer Chris Brown.
Tampa police spokesman Stephen Hegarty says 28-year-old Bennie Vines Jr. was hired by Aja Channelside to take photos during an event hosted by Brown.
Vines told officers that while he was snapping photos early Monday, Brown punched him. Brown was gone by the time officers arrived. Vines refused medical treatment and told officers he wants to prosecute because of a minor lip cut.
The club confirmed the incident Monday on its Facebook page and apologized to patrons.
Brown, singer of the hit “Five More Hours” and the recent track “Privacy,” completed probation in a 2009 felony assault case for an attack on singer Rihanna, his then-girlfriend.
An email to the representative listed on Brown’s website was not immediately returned.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day