- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kensington Palace says Prince George will attend the Thomas’s Battersea prep school beginning in September.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announced their choice Friday. The palace says the couple is “delighted to have found a school where they are confident George will have a happy and successful start to his education.”
Thomas’s Battersea is a private school with more than 500 children aged 4 to 13. George will be four in July.
The school says its most important rule is to “be kind.” It places emphasis “on a set of core values, which include kindness, courtesy, confidence, humility and learning to be givers, not takers.”
Ben Thomas, the headmaster, says the school is looking “forward to welcoming him and all of our new pupils to the school in September.”
By Friday afternoon, the school’s website was receiving such high volumes of traffic that it was running a limited version.
“The Thomas’s website is receiving a very high volume of traffic,” read a message posted to the site. “We are therefore running a limited website at present. The full website will be restored in due course.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Taraji P. Henson