- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Rosie O’Donnell has apologized to Melania Trump for sharing a video speculating whether Trump’s son, Barron, may be autistic.
The actress, who has had public feuds with Donald Trump in the past, addressed the video in a tweet saying, “I apologize to @MELANIATRUMP – i was insensitive in my RT – i am sorry for the pain i caused – it was not my intent – i am truly sorry,” before setting her account to private.
The video that O’Donnell originally shared featured footage of 10-year-old Barron Trump from his father’s acceptance speech and campaign events and has been removed from YouTube by uploader James Hunter. “Barron Trump Autistic? if so – what an amazing opportunity to bring attention to the AUTISM epidemic,” O’Donnell wrote in the since-deleted tweet with a link to the video.
Hunter also released a formal apology saying, “It was incredibly irresponsible of me to diagnose Barron Trump using a selection of misleading videos. I falsely correlated him trying to stay awake and occasionally doing quirky things, with him suffering from autism,” as reported by TMZ.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day