Russell Brand Horizontal - H 2014
AP Images- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Russell Brand‘s feud with Sean Hannity continues.
After Hannity canceled Brand’s scheduled appearance on his show, according to Brand, the comedian showed up outside the Fox News headquarters in NYC and started filming an episode of his webcast The Trews.
While filming, Brand was approached by the building’s security and instructed to leave. Brand asked who the building belonged to and said he was entitled to stay there, at which point the guard threatened him with arrest.
Read more Hillary Clinton Flying Monkey Banners Removed from L.A.’s Brentwood Neighborhood
Brand later went inside the Fox News building and asked for a tour but was again told to leave. Before he left for good, he tried to leave a message with the receptionist for Hannity.
“Whether the subject is Islamophobia or just the freedom to be in a lobby, Fox is a difficult organization to work with,” Brand said outside the building.
Fox News denies that Brand was ever scheduled to appear on Hannity’s show.
“Russell Brand was never booked on the show and therefore couldn’t have been canceled,” Hannity’s executive producer Porter Berry told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement.
Hannity also tweeted about the incident:
@rustyrockets I heard you were lurking around Fox today like a deranged creepy stalker and begging to be on the show
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) October 16, 2014
@rustyrockets Thanks but no thanks Mr. Katy Perry. Too much serious stuff going on in the world. #Ebola #ISIS
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) October 16, 2014
Brand had previously criticized Hannity for his views on the Gaza conflict.
7:23 a.m. Oct. 20: Updated with Porter Berry’s statement and Sean Hannity’s tweets.
Email: Ryan.Gajewski@pgmedia.org
Twitter: @_RyanGajewski
THR Newsletters
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day