- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Selena Gomez will host this year’s WE Day, a one-day event aiming to celebrate America’s youth by bringing together 16,000 young people and encouraging them to take action on social issues.
“The electricity of an arena full of thousands of young people who are making real change in the world is like nothing I’ve ever experienced,” the actress and singer, who has attended the event in the past, said Wednesday in a statement. “I am grateful to be a part of such a supportive community and hope I can inspire the kids at WE Day just as they continue to inspire me.”
The star-studded lineup will include a musical performance by Alicia Keys and appearances by Demi Lovato, Tyrese Gibson, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Bryan Cranston, Alessia Cara, DJ Khaled, Emeli Sandé, Shay Mitchell and more. Even Miss Piggy and the other Muppets will grace the stage.
WE Day is connected to a yearlong educational program, WE Schools, which provides schools and community groups with curriculum, educational resources and action campaigns.
The event is set to take place April 27 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day