- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Los Angeles police on Wednesday arrested a suspect accused of shooting rapper Young Dolph near Hollywood Boulevard the previous day.
Corey McClendon was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder for the shooting that took place on North Highland Avenue, resulting in a portion of the busy tourist spot being closed, Los Angeles police confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
The 43-year-old McClendon is being held on $1 million bail, according to jail records.
The rapper was shot multiple times around 1:25 p.m. at Loews Hollywood Hotel after an altercation with multiple other men, police said. He is expected to survive.
The shooting and subsequent investigation closed down a portion of the area near Hollywood and Highland complex, a tourist attraction with several big-name shops, which is also home to a number of high-profile events including the Oscars.
McClendon is not being allowed to see visitors. His first court appearance is pending.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day