- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Popular Sikh actor Waris Ahluwalia said on Monday that he was barred from boarding an Aero Mexico flight bound for New York City after refusing to remove his turban for security personnel.
Ahluwalia, who has appeared in 17 movies, including The Darjeeling Limited, The Grand Budapest Hotel and Inside Man, posted an image on Instagram stating: “This morning in Mexico City I was told I could not board my @aeromexico flight to NYC because of my turban.”
The actor told the New York Daily News he could not remove his turban in an airport.
“That is not something that I would do in public,” he told the newspaper. “That’s akin to asking someone to take off their clothes.”
Ahluwalia missed the Aero Mexico flight leaving at 7:15 a.m. for New York City, where he lives.
A photo posted by Waris Ahluwalia (@houseofwaris) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jeriana San Juan