- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Skye McCole Bartusiak, best known for playing Mel Gibson‘s daughter in The Patriot, has died. She was 21.
Her manager confirmed the news to The Hollywood Reporter.
“We are all shocked and heartbroken over Skye’s passing,” Bartusiak’s manager said in a statement. “Aside from being incredibly talented, Skye was a beautiful and loving person who will be greatly missed. We ask everybody to respect the family’s privacy during this most difficult time of grieving.”
Bartusiak’s longtime friend Abigail Breslin also honored the late actress.
“One of my very good friends and someone who was like a sister to me, Skye McCole Bartusiak passed away today. So devastated,” the Little Miss Sunshine actress wrote on Twitter Saturday.
Bartusiak was found dead in her Texas home, according to TMZ, which first reported the news. The cause of death has not been determined.
The actress was 7 when The Patriot was released in 2000. She went on to have roles in The Cider House Rules and Fox’s 24. On stage, she played Helen Keller opposite Hilary Swank in a 2003 production of The Miracle Worker.
Her most recent credits include the 2012 feature Sick Boy and several short films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day