- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saturday Night Live alum Steve Martin is set to give an online class in how to be funny.
The online education platform MasterClass said Martin will share insights from his 50-year career and teach how to gather and write comic material and develop a stand-up routine.
The platform, launched in May 2015, offers online courses for $90 each as it banks on the star power of its online video instructors.
“I’m so honored to be invited into your home, phone or wearable,” Martin said in a statement. MasterClass offered earlier online video classes by Christina Aguilera, Kevin Spacey, Usher, Gordon Ramsay and Serena Williams.
Martin, a veteran comic actor, writer, producer and musician broke into the business as a writer for The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour in the 1960s before earning Emmy, Grammy and American Comedy awards, among others, and starring in over 40 movies.
The latest MasterClass instructors include Shonda Rhimes for TV writing, Hans Zimmer for film scoring and Frank Gehry for design and architecture.
course”) to ‘Three Amigos’ (“Belushi said no”) to ‘The Pink Panther’ (“I … avoided looking at Peter Sellers”), the actor shares fond memories of his co-stars, directors and inspirations.”]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day