- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Feldman and Duff Goldman tapped the kitchen talents of Bryan and Michael Voltaggio for the third annual Crab Cake L.A., held Aug. 2, at No Vacancy in Hollywood.
The classic Maryland crab boil fundraiser — for which 100% of the proceeds went to Chrysalis, an organization dedicated to helping homeless and low-income individuals find employment — drew a roster of boldfaced names, including Laurence Fishburne, Ryan Phillippe, America Ferrera, Johnny Galecki, Lizzy Caplan, Ali Larter, director Ruben Fleisher, director David Wain, Jonathan Tucker, Annaleigh Ashford, Nahnatchka Khan, and Adrianne Palicki.
On the menu? Maryland blue crabs, shrimp, hush puppies, corn on the cob and potatoes all courtesy of the Voltaggio brothers. Also contributing the day’s offerings was chef Adam Cole — his Maple Block restaurant is scheduled to open this month in Culver City — who provided barbeque pulled pork sandwiches. Goldman dished out Smith Island cakes for dessert.
Refreshments included Mezcal El Silencio Bloody Marys, Mezcal mules and Stella Artois beer to the sounds of Chef Denis’ All-Star Blues Band.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day