- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cory Booker may be known for his firm stance against President Donald Trump, but the Democratic New Jersey senator, also an animal advocate, will be honored by the Humane Society of the United States at their annual Farm Animal Protection gala this year.
The Los Angeles event will be held at Paramount Studios and will also honor the late songstress and YouTube star Christina Grimmie, who was killed in Orlando, Fla., last June.
Also scheduled to appear at this year’s event is actress Elizabeth Banks, who will present Booker with his award, and Rachel Platten, who will be presenting the Grimmie family with an award as well as providing the musical entertainment for the evening.
Booker will be honored for his contributions to animal welfare through sponsoring humane legislation and the advancement of animal-friendly laws. Grimmie will be posthumously honored for her protection of animals and raising awareness of animal issues.
The event will fittingly take place on Earth Day, April 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day