- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
UTA has added Ben Coleman as a theatre agent in its New York office, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned.
Coleman’s near-decade of work experience in the entertainment industry includes stints at talent agencies Peter Strain and Associates and Bret Adams Ltd., several New York theatrical and casting offices, and most recently publishing and licensing house Samuel French Inc. As literary supervisor there, his responsibilities included acquiring new plays and musicals and developing relationships with artists.
At UTA, Coleman will cover projects on Broadway, off-Broadway and at regional theaters around the nation, and help represent the agency’s acting clients. Theatre department head Mark Subias started the division in 2012 when he joined the agency from his eponymous management firm, bringing with him agent Rachel Viola and later adding agents Chris Highland and Emma Feiwel.
UTA’s theatre clients include Ivo van Hove, Kevin Kline, Mary-Louise Parker, Cynthia Erivo, Pam MacKinnon, Rebecca Taichman, Sally Field, Danai Gurira, Sam Gold, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Andrew Rannells, Cynthia Nixon, Dave Malloy, Sarah Ruhl, David Cromer, Adam Rapp, Suzan-Lori Parks, Denise Gough, Susan Sarandon, Benedict Andrews and Lila Neugebauer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
valentine's day gift guide