- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ice dancers Maia and Alex Shibutani have signed with UTA, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned. They continue to be repped by Yuki Saegusa at IMG.
Affectionately known as the “Shib Sibs,” the siblings most recently won bronze medals in both ice dancing and the team competition at the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, their second Olympic outing.
The Shibutanis also are two-time U.S. national champions and one-time Four Continents titleholders and have medaled at the World Championships three times, to go with five Grand Prix first-place finishes.
As with many fellow world-class athletes of their generation, the brother and sister are avid social media users, chronicling their exploits on their shared ShibSibs YouTube channel (more than 150,000 subscribers) and Instagram (193,000 followers) and on their separate accounts, where they each have more than 317,000 followers on Instagram.
Their agency signing comes on the heels of a post-Olympics trip to Hollywood to attend Oscar weekend parties (along with teammates Mirai Nagasu and Adam Rippon). The Shib Sibs are currently on tour alongside Nagasu, Rippon, Nathan Chen and more with Stars on Ice, which runs through May 20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day