- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gladys Knight kicked off Super Bowl LIII by performing the National Anthem at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
The singer stood in front of a color guard during the performance. She showed off her wide vocal range throughout the song.
Knight wore a white dress and sparkly boots for the appearance.
The National Anthem followed sister duo Chloe x Halle’s rendition of “America the Beautiful.” Both performances were accompanied by deaf activist Aaron Loggins, who used sign language to translate the songs.
The legendary singer followed in footsteps of Cher, Neil Diamond, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Billy Joel, Kelly Clarkson, Lady Gaga, Alicia Keys, Pink and more as performers of the anthem before the big game.
After it was announced that Knight would perform “The Star-Spangled Banner,” the seven-time Grammy winner said she was proud to use her voice to “unite and represent our country” in her hometown of Atlanta.
Watch the full performance, below.
— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) February 3, 2019
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day