- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A certain former vice president is not going to like this.
John Coleman, a weatherman and co-founder of the Weather Channel, appeared on Fox News Channel’s The Kelly File, where he called out Al Gore by name and argued there is no truth to the notion that mankind is causing the planet to get warmer.
“A climate skeptic can rarely get on TV, ever since Al Gore made it a plank of the Democratic party,” Coleman said. Gore is a longtime climate-change activist and won an Oscar for his 2006 documentary An Inconvenient Truth.
Coleman didn’t hold back in his criticism of Gore, accusing the former vice President of financially profiting from the climate change issue adding: “he has made a billion dollars off of climate change. Shame on you, Al Gore.”
Coleman criticized the notion that carbon dioxide is a significant greenhouse gas, adding that thousands of experts have signed a petition to that effect. He also said that the ice caps are not melting.
“More polar bears are alive and happy today than we’ve had in a hundred years,” he added. Megan Kelly, host of the show, joked that the government would shut down the Weather Channel for his comments.
Video of the show can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day