- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Will Ferrell has translated his love for the game of soccer as an investor in the Los Angeles Football Club.
During a news conference at Union Station on Thursday, the soccer club revealed its crest and color scheme and announced the comedian’s role as part owner.
“This is not a joke,” Ferrell said, sporting a scarf embroidered with the soccer club’s gold crest.
“I am actually a member of this fine ownership group and it is very exciting. I’ve never been a part owner of anything. I’m still part owner of an ’84 Toyota Camry with my brother,” he quipped.
“It is thrilling to see a turnout like this and to already see a fan base developing,” the actor told cheering fans before sharing about his personal love for soccer. “I started playing in the mean streets of Irvine, California when I was 8-years-old,” Ferrell said, who later went on to play club soccer.
He said his wife, actress Viveca Paulin, played soccer at Pomona college and that his three sons are each involved in the sport: “To say that soccer is a part of our lives is an understatement.”
Ferrell is listed as one of 26 co-owners on the club’s website.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day