- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a surprise appearance, Will Smith showed up Friday night at the second weekend of Coachella, where he joined son Jaden onstage during a performance of “Icon,” a track from Jaden’s debut album Syre, released in 2017.
In a moment caught on camera, the Men in Black star took to the stage in a black t-shirt emblazoned with the words, Eyrs is Coming, the title of Jaden’s new album, and began rapping for the hyped-up crowd.
Jaden was revealed to be filming his dad, and the video was posted to both of their Instagram accounts.”Don Dit ‘dat #Coachella” the elder Smith captioned his video. “I love you Coachella,” wrote Jaden in his own post.
Onscreen, the actor will next be seen in Aladdin, which is set for release May 24.
The live stream of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is available for viewing on YouTube and will conclude Sunday.
Headliners for the second weekend include Tame Impala, Solange, Aphex Twin, Kid Cudi and Weezer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day