- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following his acclaimed performances in recent revivals of Angels in America and The Glass Menagerie, Zachary Quinto will return to the New York stage this season in the MCC Theater production of Noah Haidle‘s Smokefall.
A well-reviewed hit in its world premiere last fall at Chicago’s Goodman Theatre, the play is a family drama that weaves together magical realism, vaudeville and intense personal reflection to depict the deep-rooted connections that fray over the years but never break.
Anne Kauffman, who directed the earlier production, will stage Smokefall at the Lucille Lortel Theatre, MCC’s regular home. Set design is by recent MacArthur “genius grant” recipient Mimi Lien.
Additional cast is to be announced for the play, which starts previews Feb. 4, with an official opening on Feb. 22. The limited engagement runs through March 13.
Quinto will next reprise the role of Spock for director Justin Lin in Star Trek Beyond, the third installment of the rebooted franchise, due next summer. His other upcoming screen projects include Oliver Stone‘s Snowden, starring opposite Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Shailene Woodley.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day