- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alexa Vega is a newlywed.
The 25-year-old actress, best known for her role in the Spy Kids movies, wed Big Time Rush singer Carlos Pena Jr., 24, in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, on Saturday.
“We are so thrilled and blessed that we were able to have all of our close friends and family join us on our special day,” the couple told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement.
The day before her wedding, Vega hit Twitter: “Wow … I’m getting excited nervous!!!! Ahhhh!!! #CountDownToAisle.”
On Saturday, she tweeted: “Mrs. PENAVEGA.”
The duo, who began dating last year, announced their engagement in September, when she posted a photo on Instagram showing off her engagement ring.
This marks the second wedding for Vega, whose was married to film producer Sean Covel for two years before filing for divorce in 2012.
Vega’s credits also include the film Machete Kills and an episode of Pena’s Nickelodeon series, Big Time Rush.
— Alexa Vega (@alexavega) January 5, 2014
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day