- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Perhaps in anticipation of the rainy Santa Monica weather, or maybe because of the Independent Spirit Awards’ more lax daytime dress code, nearly all the ladies that hit the blue carpet on Saturday were rocking ponytails.
On the more glamorous side, Zoey Deutch rocked a retro-inspired, swingy high pony with not a single hair out of place, and Aubrey Plaza chose a slicked-back, school girl style to complement her Peter Pan collar Miu Miu frock.
Kerry Washington and Amanda Seyfried took the pony to new heights with edgier updos. Washington’s braided style added just the right amount of modern flair to her fringed Missoni ensemble, while whispy pieces framing Seyfried’s face lent to the romantic feel of her Alexander McQueen number.
Saoirse Ronan opted for a more avant garde look, pairing her ‘60s-inspired embellished Prada shift dress with a low ponytail tied with white ribbons.
Long live the pony.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day