- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amber Rose is on a roll right now. After the occasional Twitter tiffs with ex Kanye West and founding the L.A-based female-empowerment “Slut Walk,” the actress/model finally debuted her very own late-night talk show, The Amber Rose Show, on VH1 last week.
Rose is also known for her unapologetic take on beauty and makeup, and for our #90sThrowbackThursday series, Billboard asked her how she dolls up like it’s 1999.
1. Always pat on a mauve lip.
When Rose is going for the look circa Clueless, she will always pack a mauve-colored lip. “Any kind works,” Rose said. “It’s a no-brainer.”
2. Don’t pile on the makeup.
The ‘90s were all about a muted, natural glow instead of the overdone face from the ‘80s. “Don’t put too much foundation and blush on,” Rose told Billboard. “Just show off your natural skin. Put a little concealer over your tiny blemishes, but never a full face paint.”
3. And your clothes? Well those need to follow suit.
From crop tops to chokers, the trends of the ‘90s are all coming back. “Definitely wear floral-print dresses with combat boots,” Rose said. “And that’s it.”
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day