- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Meryl Streep isn’t the only one taking a jab at presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump this week. American Apparel has launched its latest limited-edition Gay Pride collection, and let’s just say its inspiration is pretty clear.
The collection puts a cheeky spin on Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan, turning it into “Make America Gay Again,” rendered in Technicolor lettering, of course. The release, which is available in stores and online beginning Wednesday, is a partnership with the Human Rights Campaign and the Ally Coalition.
Along with tanks ($26-28), tees ($28-30), a tote ($24) and a Republican-red slogan baseball cap ($26), the campaign includes personal stories and educational videos on the AA website. The Los Angeles-based brand also will donate 30 percent of sales from the collection to supporting the Equality Act. Wonder how Trump feels about this appropriation of his campaign cry.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day