- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As much as we were hoping that Armie Hammer would opt for an upscale riff on a track suit (hey, the Errnengildo Zegna Couture Red Carpet collection includes tuxedo-stripe track pants), he opted for a custom tux by Giorgio Armani instead—albeit in red velvet. Maybe the plush fabric is a little wink to his love of comfort dressing? Hammer also went for Giorgio Armani shoes and accessorized with a rose gold Montblanc watch and cuff links.
“The color is a a deep red,” says his stylist, Ilaria Urbinati. “I had them do it completely all-red. No black contrast lapel and no black tux stripe on the pant. I said ‘all red’ because the black contrast would have skewed too Hugh Hefner or into vampire territory. And then we did a notch lapel rather than a shawl or peak lapel because it’s more chill, so it tones the look down.”
Hammer stars in the best picture nominated film, Call Me By Your Name. He is also a presenter at the awards ceremony.
The 90th Academy Awards, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, airs live on ABC at 5:00 p.m. PT/8:00 p.m. ET.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jeriana San Juan