- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After a banner year for Azzedine Alaia — Lady Gaga rocked three of the Tunisian designer’s couture creations on Oscar night — the designer is stepping into the fragrance scene.
The eau de parfum, called Alaia Paris, has the trademark Alaia laser-cut pattern along the bottle and includes fresh aquatic notes that, according to perfumer Marie Salamagne, “echoed the sensation of cold water falling on hot chalk, a memory of the designer’s childhood in Tunisia.”
“It is an honor that Azzedine Alaia will be launching his first fragrance at Saks Fifth Avenue this August,” said Kate Oldham, senior vice president beauty at Saks Fifth Avenue. “Mr. Alaia’s exciting new scent will be offered exclusively to Saks customers, and we are delighted to be adding it to our portfolio of exceptional fragrance offerings.”
Alaia Paris (1.6 fl. oz. eau de parfum spray, $115) will debut at Saks Fifth Avenue stores nationwide and on saks.com on Aug. 20. It will be available exclusively at Saks through August 2016.
We have a feeling that Gaga’s little monsters will be flooding Sak’s beauty department in droves.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day