- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following his first critically hailed collection for Balenciaga at Paris Fashion Week earlier this year, Demna Gvasalia — who joined the fashion house in October as Alexander Wang’s successor — is making more changes.
The Kering-owned brand revealed Thursday it will be hosting its first-ever menswear runway show in Paris for the spring 2017 season, replacing its traditional by-appointment presentations.
According to a release, Gvasalia’s first menswear collection for Balenciaga will showcase the Belgian designer’s “masculine vision” for the historic maison. Given the rich assortment of streetwear-inspired menswear which was folded into the spring collection by Vetements (the hit brand co-founded by Gvasalia), we have no doubt his debut mens offering for Balenciaga will feature plenty of show-stopping looks.
With several other brands merging their menswear and womenswear shows into one (Burberry, Public School, Saint Laurent — even Vetements), we may also expect to see a few womenswear pieces hitting the catwalk, too. We’ll find out come June 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day