- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There was some very reasonable concern regarding Ben Affleck’s enormous back tattoo circulating around the Internet after the image was revealed to the public via paparazzi photo a few months back.
Even exes Jennifer I (Lopez) and Jennifer II (Garner) weighed in on the “art” — a phoenix rising from the ashes — with neither of them giving positive reviews. “It’s awful!” exclaimed Lopez on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live.
Said Garner in her candid Vanity Fair interview, “You know what we would say in my hometown about that? ‘Bless his heart.’ A phoenix rising from the ashes. Am I the ashes in this scenario?”
Well, it looks like both Jens as well as the rest of the population with eyeballs can breathe a little easier: The ink is not permanent. While chatting with his Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice co-star Henry Cavill on Extra with Mario Lopez, the actor admitted that the work was for a gig.
“It’s fake for a movie,” he said, noting that he couldn’t reveal the details of the job quite yet. “I actually do have a number of tattoos,” he added, “but I try to not have them in places where you have to do a lot of cover-up.”
The air is now cleared, and soon, Affleck’s back will be, too.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day