- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Feb. 8 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
1. Choose walkable heels
This isn’t the time to wear 5- or 6-inchers. You might want to run down the red carpet without stopping to work the press line because of frigid temps, so you’ll need a pair that allows you to get indoors fast.
2. It might sound like a no-brainer, but look for a dress with sleeves
The look happens to be very on trend this season. No longer limited to the over-60 crowd, it was seen on Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie at last year’s Berlinale.
3. Go with heavy-duty material
Look for a gown in velvet, stretch crepe, silk brocade or a silk-wool blend. Steer clear of filmy silk chiffons, frothy tulle or lace.
4. Watch out for static
“Carry travel-size, cream-based hair products to tame down the static that can be caused by dry, cold weather,” says hairstylist Jenny Cho. “Choose a hairstyle that is down so the hair can keep you a little warmer.”
5. Try stick-on athletic heating pads
It sounds nutty, but it’s rumored that street-style icon Anna Dello Russo does it to keep warm in skimpy outfits at New York, Milan and Paris fashion weeks in the winter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day