- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NASHVILLE — Country singer Billy Ray Cyrus and his wife are calling off their divorce proceedings for a second time.
Tish Finley Cyrus filed for a divorce last month in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences. But in a statement provided by their publicist Monday, the couple said they are working on their relationship in therapy.
“We both woke up and realized we love each other and decided we want to stay together,” they said.
The statement said couples therapy after 22 years of being together brought them closer and “really opened up our communication in amazing ways.”
It was the couple’s second divorce attempt after Cyrus, who rose to fame in 1992 with the hit song “Achy Breaky Heart,” filed for divorce in 2010 but later withdrew the petition.
The two got married in December 1993 and have three children together, including actress-singer Miley Cyrus.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day