- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
White may be the color of surrender, but two leading ladies weren’t giving up an ounce of style on the VMAs red carpet.
Both Kylie Jenner and Blake Lively stood out in their sharp white suits Monday at the MTV music event.
Lively was decked in Ralph and Russo autumn/winter 2018 couture with an off-white silk crepe suit jacket and silk crepe wide, paneled trousers (she’s been on a suit streak lately while promoting her upcoming film A Simple Favor). Jenner followed suit and wore a white double-breasted coat dress plus a bedazzled belt as the final touch.
On a carpet of color — from Cardi B’s magenta Nicolas Jebran gown to Amber Rose’s red leather catsuit — Lively and Jenner kept things clean and businesslike (which is apropos considering Jenner just made headlines for becoming a self-made billionaire).
Of course, the original queen of white suits is none other than Taylor Swift (absent tonight), who sported a white pantsuit back in 2012 at the VMAs, held that year at L.A.’s Staples Center. Her J. Mendel look was styled by Joseph Cassell the first time Swift wore a suit on a red carpet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day