- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brie Larson and her musician boyfriend Alex Greenwald are engaged, a rep for the actress confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
The Oscar winner frequently thanked Greenwald, the lead singer for Phantom Planet, as she collected awards for her performance in Room.
When she won the best actress Oscar, Larson thanked Greenwald and added, “I love you, the whole thing.” Earlier, when she won the Golden Globe for best actress in a drama film, she called Greenwald, “my love,” and he could be seen mouthing “I love you” from the audience.
Although Greenwald accompanied Larson to awards shows and was name-checked onstage, Larson is fairly private about their relationship.
Us Weekly previously reported on Larson and Greenwald’s engagement, saying that he popped the question during a trip to Tokyo in March.
Larson hosted Saturday Night Live this past week and recently completed filming on Kong: Skull Island which is set to hit theaters on March 10, 2017.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Taraji P. Henson