- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As one of the winningest actresses of the 2016 awards season, Brie Larson had quite the jam-packed red-carpet schedule.
With the help of stylist Cristina Ehrlich, No. 2 on THR‘s 2016 Power Stylist list, the 26-year-old stunned on carpet after carpet, wearing looks from Gucci, Versace, Giambattista Valli haute couture and more. But only one dress brought tears to her eyes.
“I do think that the Golden Globes look was really spectacular and special,” she told THR of her custom, gold beaded Calvin Klein gown. “It really exceeded my expectations and was the first time I ever cried over a garment of clothing.”
She added, “I never understood that — that clothes could affect you in that way. I think clothes are fun, but I had never had an emotional connection to it in that way, and when I put that dress on the first time I was overwhelmed.”
The actress went on to take home the matching best actress Golden Globe award for her performance in Room — and made nearly every best-dressed list to boot.
Watch the video in full below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day