- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In an alternate universe, Candice Bergen could have been America’s First Lady.
While promoting her new flick Home Again on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live with co-star Reese Witherspoon, the actress revealed to the audience she once went on a date with Donald Trump. The rendezvous took place during her college years — at which time Bergen was also a successful model (Trump’s always had a type, it seems) — when the pair were students at the University of Pennsylvania. Her description of the events unfolded just as one might imagine.
“He was wearing a three-piece burgundy suit and burgundy patent leather loafers in a burgundy limousine,” said Bergen, clad in a “Free Melania” sweater, of how the young Trump picked her up for the date.
When host Andy Cohen prodded about whether the couple had any chemistry, the 71-year-old responded, “No. I was home very early.”
Did the Donald go in for a kiss? “No!” said Bergen emphatically. “There was no physical contact whatsoever.” She concluded her story by telling Cohen, “He was a good-looking guy. And a douche.”
Watch the clip below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day