- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Do you have any Cannes rituals?
Every year, I try to find a couple of hours to buy a seafood platter at a local fish store. I eat it by the sea, as far as possible from the Croisette.
What’s the best bargain in Cannes?
Free booze everywhere!
What was your biggest Cannes faux pas?
Asking Thierry Fremaux what he was doing at the festival.
What’s the strangest request you’ve ever gotten in Cannes?
What place is best to avoid during the festival?
Chez Albane. It’s the only place where people keep talking business after 2 a.m., even though the drinks are free!
What’s your “only in Cannes” moment?
In 2003, I went to the party for Vincent Gallo’s movie The Brown Bunny. The vibe was weird because the movie had just been booed (I loved it). Jean-Claude Van Damme was sitting there alone with two bodyguards. At that same party, Gaspar Noe rescued me from a drunk British man who wanted to punch me in the face!
What’s your biggest Cannes pet peeve?
How some people I know act differently when they set foot on the Croisette.
What’s your guilty pleasure at the festival?
Starting drinking at 11 a.m.
This story first appeared in the May 19 Cannes daily issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day