- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Although many of the men at the Independent Spirit Awards covered up their faces with scruff and beards, director Cary Fukunaga — perhaps as well known for his pigtail man braids at the Emmys two years ago as he is for his work — went clean-shaven.
Since he didn’t hide behind facial hair, we got to see the beautiful complexion of the man behind Beasts of No Nation (starring the equally good-looking Idris Elba). Celebrity groomer Jhizet Panosian worked on Fukunaga, first using a Peanut trimmer to clean up all the edges around his neckline, ears and sideburns, ensuring his sharp, handsome look.
As for his skin, Panosian tells Pret-a-Reporter that because it’s so great, he doesn’t need to do too much. “I always prep his skin with Clarins Flash Balm moisturizer ($46) — it’s perfect for instant hydration.”
The other key: “I warm up a little bit of Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel ($35) in my hand and just dab it along his T-zone and cheeks to avoid any shine from flash photography on the red carpet.”
Guys, take note.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day