- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Casey Affleck’s wife, Summer Phoenix, has filed for divorce. The couple separated in November 2015 after their marriage in 2006 and publicly announced their split last March.
Phoenix, the younger sister of actor Joaquin Phoenix, cited irreconcilable differences in the court documents filed on July 31. She is asking for spousal support as well as joint physical and legal custody of their two sons, Indiana, 13, and Atticus, 9.
Phoenix also wants her miscellaneous jewelry and other effects, earnings and accumulations from and after their separation in November to be confirmed as “separate property.” She is asking for Affleck to pay the attorney’s fees and costs.
Last March, the couple said in a statement to People, “Casey Affleck and Summer Phoenix have amicably separated. They remain very close friends.”
The Oscar winner and Phoenix, an actress and designer, married in June 2006.
Affleck and Phoenix’s reps did not immediately respond to The Hollywood Reporter‘s request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day