- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Beauty site Violet Grey has posted a sweet photo of its founder, Cassandra Grey, and her late husband, Brad Grey, who passed away Sunday at age 59 from cancer.
“Violet and her man. In memoriam: Brad Grey 1957-2017,” read the tribute posted alongside a black-and-white image of the couple sharing a dance.
“We are deeply saddened by the passing of Brad Grey, a member of the Violet Grey board and the beloved husband of our founder Cassandra Grey. The outpouring of love and support from the Violet Grey community has been profoundly moving, and we thank you for your kind and heartfelt words.”
Violet Grey, which Cassandra founded in 2013, also stated that “In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the Lawrence J. Ellison Institute for Transformative Medicine of USC in honor of Mr. Grey.” More details can be found here.
Brad served as the chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures before stepping down in February after leading the studio for 12 years. Many in Hollywood, including Martin Scorsese, Bob Saget and Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Iger, paid tribute to the former executive Monday.
The tied the knot in 2011 and welcomed their first child, son Jules Andrew Grey, in 2015. Brad also has three children, Sam, Max and Emily, from his previous marriage to Jill Gutterson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day