- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The British Academy Film Awards weekend has officially kicked off, thanks to Harvey Weinstein and Burberry, who teamed up for the third time to host more than 100 guests for an exclusive dinner at London’s Little House Mayfair. Among the star-studded crowd: Burberry chief creative and chief executive officer Christopher Bailey, of course, as well as Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Emilia Clarke and Dakota Johnson.
But it wasn’t only front-of-the-camera talent being celebrated at the Friday night shindig. Directors Ridley Scott and Stephen Daldry and producers Stephen Woolley and Elizabeth Karlsen were also in attendance, in addition to Amber Anderson, the star of the upcoming Mr Burberry fragrance campaign.
The dinner party could be seen as a sort of warm-up to Weinstein’s annual pre-Oscar dinner, which is just a few weeks away. The BAFTAs were set to be held Sunday night. Meanwhile, on this side of the pond, the Grammys will take place on Monday night.
Christopher Bailey and Emilia Clarke
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day