- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now that awards season is over, it seems as if stars are willing to take more beauty risks. Case in point: Cate Blanchett debuted a pink ‘do while out and about in London on Wednesday evening — with matching aviators to boot.
The two-time Oscar winner enlisted London-based colorist Nicola Clarke for the light rinse. According to Clarke, Blanchett wanted to wait until after the Oscars to go for the dye job.
“We’ve been talking about doing it for a while but wanted to get all the award seasons out of the way to have a play and a bit of fun,” Clarke told The Telegraph. “It will last a couple of weeks, depending on how many washes it has.”
The Carol actress was strategic about her new bob that she debuted at the Academy Awards, too.
“We knew we were going to do it. It was a plan. It was strategic,” hairstylist Robert Vetica told Pret-a-Reporter at the time. “We had talked about it for a while, and decided to do it today. We thought it would be perfect because of the dress. And she’s had her hair long for a couple years now, so we decided, ‘Let’s just cut it off and start fresh.'”
Added Vetica: “She’s Cate Blanchett — she can do whatever she wants!” You got that right.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day