- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ciara has become the proud mother of a baby boy.
The R&B artist and her fiance Future welcomed their bundle of joy into the world on Monday morning in L.A. Future Zahir Wilburn is the first child for Ciara, and the fourth for Future. She posted the announcement of his anme and weigth on Instagram.
After Ciara and Future began dating in early 2013, the couple were engaged last October, with Ciara sporting a 15-carat diamond ring. Ciara announced her pregnancy this January during an episode of The View.”
Apparently, she found pregnancy a cinch. “I didn’t even know what to expect [with the pregnancy], but it’s been a very easy process,” she told reporters recently. “And it’s been so much fun. Honestly, it’s been the coolest experience in my life.”
Future worked closely with Ciara on her 2013 self-titled album, and co-wrote and co-produced the hit lead single “Body Party.” U.S. sales of Ciara are north of 133,000 copies, while “Body Party” has shifted upwards of 552,000 downloads.
Future will likely dodge some of the late feeds. He’s scheduled to hit the road for his Honest Tour, which starts May 23 in Milwaukee. The couple are due to tie the knot this fall.
A version of this article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day