- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Courteney Cox has spoken out about her cosmetic procedures which have been largely criticized on the Internet.
While hiking through the hills of Ireland on NBC’s Running Wild With Bear Grylls, the actress addressed how she let the pressures of Hollywood affect her decision to have work done. “I think there’s a pressure to maintain [looks] not just because of fame, but being a woman in this business,” she admitted to Grylls.
“I have done things that I regret and luckily they’re things that dissolve and go away,” she added. However since the backlash about her looks, which Cox added have been especially brutal in the age of social media, the 52-year-old says she has adjusted her outlook on aging.
“I think I was trying to keep up with getting older,” she said. “Sometimes you find yourself trying, and then you look at a picture of yourself and you go, ‘Oh God, I look horrible.’ So now I just have a new motto: just let it be.”
Watch her full conversation below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day