- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There are a lot of politics surrounding the red carpet in Hollywood. Who designers want — and don’t want — to dress is one issue, as Leslie Jones recently explained to the internet. Another is the business of fashion branding, bought and paid for.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star and co-creator Rachel Bloom gets hilariously real about that subject in a new skit called “How Red Carpet Fashion Is Bought and Sold” for sketch comedy Adam Ruins Everything, which returns Aug. 23 at 10 p.m. ET on truTV.
Spoofing E!’s controversial “mani cam,” the actress shows off her elbows in an “elbow cam” instead, introduces viewers to the concept of “Frankensteining” and explains how she’s “basically a human NASCAR.”
Bloom — clad in a red gown that she says was designed by Valvoline (yes, the motor oil brand) and shoes designed by Kraft — reveals that she doesn’t “wake up like this” or pick out her own dress. Instead she explains, “My stylist tells me what to wear, and the designer’s marketing team says yes or no, depending on whether or not I’ll sell the product.”
Check out the funny clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day