- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dakota Johnson’s golden Gucci gown looked a little familiar as she arrived at the 2017 Academy Awards at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. The 50 Shades Darker actress was twinning with the Oscars statuette in a long-sleeve metallic dress, which she styled with a half-up, half-down hairstyle and Cartier jewels.
Johnson is usually a front-row fixture at creative director Alessandro Michele’s shows (however she missed the most recent presentation last week in Milan) and has worn the brand several times on the red carpet. However, the gilded look is much more subdued compared to the rest of the over-the-top, embellished Gucci looks worn by the likes of Nicole Kidman (remember the parrot dress?) or Jared Leto, who has been known to wear lime green suit jackets with cotton-candy pink pants.
The 89th Academy Awards, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, airs live on ABC at 5:30 p.m. PT/8:30 p.m. ET.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day